General description of the role
A Pension Technical role designed to support PWP and their consultants in respect of complex pensions.
The role will have primary focus on Safeguarded benefits and advice provided to clients on a potential transfer out of the scheme, with additional focus as and when required in relation to at-retirement advice, pension switches, high earner pension tax planning and other complex areas of pension planning.
The role is to act as a line of “safety” for Premier, when dealing with clients. The Specialist Pension Consultant will be called upon to fulfil a Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) role, as and when required.
PWP are often required to provide advice/ services to high earners as well as individuals requiring advice on their options around Pensions Freedoms. In project situations, the Specialist Pension Consultant will play a key part in the design of the service and the technical accuracy of the service delivery.
- CII G60 or AF3 or AF7 plus an RDR Compliant qualification essential, plus a commitment to study for the CII pension transfer exam AF7 if this has not already been obtained.
- At least 10 years’ experience in pensions.
- Past experience in dealing with Defined Benefit transfers, pension switching, high earner pension issues and Pension Freedoms.
- An understanding of the process for the upload and checking of data for the Transfer Value Comparator.
- A thorough understanding of the FCA rules around Pension Transfer Advice.
- Excellent analytical skills in being able to produce reports to the FCA and internally and look for any trends.
- Excellent presentation skills in terms of delivering training to staff on all areas of pensions to include good and poor practice
- To be able to review and produce technical and legislative updates.
- The ability to think objectively and without external influence, make important decisions that positively impact on client financial decisions.
- The ability to manage stakeholders at all levels internally/externally with outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Organised and thorough, with great attention to detail.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Commercial awareness and sound judgement.
- Good IT based experience, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Project Management, including use of either MS Project, Excel and Smart Office.
- To assist in growing PWP by acting as a Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) and for other safeguarded benefits.
- To work alongside the resource already fulfilling the PTS role.
- To provide pro-active input and sign-off when required, for complex pensions relating to at-retirement services and high earner pension tax planning. This can include large scale project work.
- To work with the management team of PWP, including the Head of Compliance, in order to maintain high standards of compliance and controlling of risk.
- The Specialist Pensions Consultant will support the PWP business on projects which are considered “technical” in nature and where there is a need to protect clients and the reputation of Premier.
- To assist in the upload/checking of data used for the Transfer Value Comparator as part of project work.
- To produce Management Information to the Head of Compliance as part of the quarterly reports made to the board and the bi annual returns to the FCA.
- To assist in Pension Switching and at Retirement advice reviews.
- To review any changes in the FCA rules around Pension Transfer Advice and related areas.
- To deliver presentations as part of the ongoing training of staff on all areas of pensions to include good and poor practice.
- To review and produce technical and legislative updates and analyse any changes in processes.
- To update internal processes as and when needed.
There may be periods when the Specialist Pension Consultant provides reports or feedback to Board members relating to our complex pension business.
External and Internal Communications:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with other teams and employees within the wider Premier Business and maintain good co-operative relations with your administrative, paraplanning teams and your supervisor(s).
- Look to enhance the reputation and promote PWP, PBS and Premier Pensions Management Ltd in a positive manner with clients, prospects, in the industry and amongst your peers at all times.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Regular company social events
- An excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement