General description of the role
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to work alongside the Senior Consultants and the Paraplanning team to provide technical support in our Croydon Office.
- Level 4 Diploma qualified and working towards Level 6 (Chartered)
- 3 years’ Paraplanning experience within a Financial Planning Practice or similar
- Ability to write clear and concise Suitability Reports for clients
- Ability to prioritise work and complete work within specified timeframes
- Work effectively within a team and lead and mentor others where required
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good inter-personal skills (both written and verbal)
- High level of technical knowledge and experience
- Level 6 (Chartered / Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning)
- Relevant experience with external software/tools, such as FE Analytics, Selectapension, Voyant, Intelligent Office
- Experience with Defined Benefit or safeguarded benefit pension reviews
- Willingness to progress to CF30
- Work with a selected number of Senior consultants, taking fact find, meeting notes and general guidance from the consultants to prepare reports/recommendations
- Act as a mentor for more junior members of the team and help implement the company philosophy of driving up team knowledge and ability.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
- Take responsibility for self-improvement, keeping up to date with market changes, compliance and legislative considerations.
- Ensure sufficient client information is obtained and analyse information gathered by the consultant and challenging advice where required
- Ensure Suitability Reports and templates are kept up-to-date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes.
- Analysing client data and preparing cash flow plans
- Ensure relevant CPD is maintained and recorded accurately
- Undertake product, investment and market research
- Assist to develop, support and maintain processes
- Compliance with the FCA rules & regulations at all times
- Assisting advisers and paraplanners with ad hoc requirements. These could range from non-advice related reports to assisting with annual review reports and research.
Salary and benefits
- Depending on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Regular company social events
- Excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement