General description of the role
We are looking for an experienced individual to help manage our Reception and Meeting Room Suite in our Croydon Office. The ideal candidate will have already gained experience of working in an office environment, have excellent computer skills and be able to process work to a high standard.
Our chosen candidate should have the following:
- Accurate Word, Excel and Typing skills.
- Smart Appearance.
- Good written and spoken communication abilities.
- Able to work under pressure when required.
- Polite and courteous manner.
- Well organised and have a high attention to detail.
- Appropriate handover required with “Morning Receptionist” on a daily basis.
- Flexibility to cover Reception for holiday cover and occasional sickness absence.
Reception Area and Switchboard
- Ensure Reception is covered at all times to welcome visitors, receive deliveries and answer calls and queries.
- Ensure Reception, Post Room and storage areas are kept tidy and functional.
- Answer all in-coming switchboard calls, re-direct and take messages appropriately.
Meeting Room Booking System
- Ensure the meeting rooms are set up ready for the day and continually checked during the day.
- Keep a log of essential supplies and let the Office Manager know in advance when supplies are required.
- Monitor and respond to electronic meeting room booking requests and reply to the Organisers by return.
- Order and set up lunches, morning and afternoon refreshments when requested.
- Meeting rooms should be cleared at the end of the day, where possible.
Clients and Other Visitors
- Ensure all visitors feel welcome and the Visitors Book is completed and signed to comply with Health & Safety Regulations.
- Notify appropriate parties of their guest’s arrival.
Processing Incoming / Outgoing Mail
- Open all incoming post, date stamp and sort into departments for delivery to the appropriate teams, or collection from a member of the team (if working in the morning).
- Prepare all out-going mail using the on-line system linked to the Royal Mail and taken down to the Ground Floor Reception in time for the Royal Mail Collection at the end of each day.
Provide Staff with necessary Support and Guidance
- Provide secretarial support / overload typing when necessary.
- Binding and laminating documents / proposals when requested.
- Book and receive couriers and general deliveries.
- Monthly stationery ordering using the on-line system with Complete Business Solutions.
- Manage the office milk orders with Milk & More.
- Liaise and manage the PHS Datashred Visits.
- Manage document archiving / re-calling from archives.
- Stock up paper points at the Printers on the main office floor when required.
- Keep an up to date Pensions Magazine Library.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- Holiday is pro-rated (25 days full-time equivalent)
- Regular company social events
- An excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement