The main role will be based around the updating and maintenance of the purchase ledger and company expenses for both companies within the Premier Group. The candidate will be expected to carry out other regular duties and provide support/cover for the sales ledger responsibilities when required.
- To carry out reconciliation of both companies bank accounts on a daily basis.
- To update outstanding debtor’s spreadsheet and ensure it reconciles.
- Update cash flow forecast on a daily basis.
- To input all cash and credit card expenses for both companies onto SAGE on a monthly basis in accordance to deadlines.
- To set expenses deadline on an annual basis and ensure that employees are aware and adhere to them.
- To set up cash expense payments on the bank.
- Set up all new suppliers on SAGE and ensuring that all relevant forms are completed.
- Daily coding of supplier invoices and obtaining the relevant authorisation.
- Ensuring that purchase orders are used where required and controlled.
- Posting supplier invoices onto SAGE and matching to purchase orders where relevant.
- To be the main point of contact for supplier communications.
- To regularly review creditor accounts for any unpaid or unmatched items.
- Monitoring statements from suppliers to identify potentially missing invoices.
- To enter disbursements onto Practice Engine on a monthly basis in prior to consultants billing deadline.
- Complete the monthly budget analysis on overhead nominal and report to FC.
- Monitoring the Accounts Inbox on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the post tray is emptied and queries dealt with daily.
- Assist with financial audit preparation.
- Assist FC and AA with ad-hoc duties when required.
- Carry out ‘Back up’ in SAGE daily (shared responsibility Accounts Assistant).
- To provide cover for Accounts Assistant in her absence.
External and Internal Communications:
Build and maintain strong working relationships with employees, line managers, and suppliers.
- Previous Purchase Ledger Experience
- Excel – intermediate or above
- Team player
- AAT/CAT qualification
- Practice Engine
- Electronic expenses/invoicing
Salary and benefits
- 18 -22k dependent on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Regular company social events
- An excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement