We are looking for either a Consultant or an Associate Consultant to join our Employer Services team.
General description of the role
The Consultant* will work within the Employer Services Team and will be:
- Responsible for the provision of strategic advice to corporate clients.
- Responsible for delivering sound advice and present solutions to corporate clients for Corporate Pension and benefit business.
- Responsible for formulating employee benefit solutions addressing the issues facing corporate bodies.
- Working with Senior Consultants supporting the delivery of services to more complex, or larger clients.
- The job holder will be internally and externally recognised as a market expert in either Corporate pensions, employee benefits, group risk or employee counselling services, whilst having a working knowledge in all disciplines.
* The Associate Consultant will work within the Employer Services Team and will support the Consultants and Senior Consultants with the above 3 responsibilities and have a working knowledge of corporate pensions, employee benefits, group risk and employee counselling services.
- The job holder will need to have an understanding (at a high level for the Consultant role) of their market specialism – Group Pensions, Employee benefits, Group Risk/Flexible benefits and Specialist counselling services – as well as a high level of overall understanding or the Corporate pension and Employee Benefits market.
- Experience in providing advice to Corporates covering Defined Contribution pensions schemes, including strategic reviews, design and implementation of solutions.
- A Consultant will need to be an expert have up to date knowledge of current and expected legislation and it’s impact on customer’s arrangements. An Associate Consultant only needs to have up to date knowledge of current and expected legislation and it’s impact on customer’s arrangements.
- Excellent understanding of the capabilities and product sets of Premier Pensions Management and Premier Wealth.
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities from legislative and other structural changes in the pension/benefits market place.
- Effective (Advanced level required for Consultant role) communication skills, (oral, written and presentation) with self-confidence to support effective presentation of business issues to a large and varied audience. Influence and negotiate business solutions in the face of challenge, competition and potential conflict. Manage relationships during presentations to achieve aims.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship building skills to support effective working relationships across the Group and with external business providers and business partners.
- Excellent ability to sell ideas and convince others through logical discussions to explain rationale and benefits.
- Highly developed skills in analysis and judgement to support and assimilation of large volume information of a technical nature to extract key issues with focus of developing business.
- Analytical thinking to understand the issues and support the development of the solutions.
- Flexible and Voluntary Benefits (advice and establishment)
- Pension/Benefit aspects of Corporate Sales/Disposals
- DB and DC closures/wind ups
For the Consultant role to have at Intermediate level the following (and for the Associate Consultant role moving towards achieving at intermediate level):
- Commercial / Entrepreneurial skills at Intermediate level
- Communication / Influence skills at Intermediate level
- Planning and organising at Intermediate level
- Team player at Intermediate level
- Service excellence at Intermediate level
- Customer / Market Perspective at Intermediate level
- Technical skills and knowledge at advanced level
- Drive for results at Intermediate level
- Problem solving / decision making skills at Intermediate level
- Income generation from the sale of bespoke Pension and Benefit solutions to corporate clients to achieve agreed targets.
- Activity that identifies corporate pension, employee benefits, group risk and employee counselling opportunities within existing and new corporate customers.
- Develop innovative benefits solutions for corporate clients (for the Associate Consultant role to support the Consultants and Senior Consultants in the development of innovative benefits solutions for corporate clients).
- Identify and refer other business opportunities to Premier Pensions Management and Premier Wealth Planning.
- Responsible for driving and generating sufficient activity and client contact to achieve targets and income generation.
- Ensure a high level of client service satisfaction, identify dissatisfactions and respond to issues with cost effective solutions.
- Ensure costs within budget.
External and Internal Communications:
- Team player
- Presence & Impact
- Sound Judgement
- Able to operate at Board level
- Hard working – occasionally out of normal hours
- Listening skills
- People skills
- Ability to work on own
- Business Networking
- Influencing skills
- Effective Communication skills
- Managing relationships
- Presentation skills*
- Negotiating skills*
- Prospecting skills*
- Commercial awareness*
- Previous Sales Experience with excellent track record*
*For the Associate Consultant Role to be motivated, driven and the ability to develop in these areas.
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
- Degree standard or equivalent
- Wide Industry knowledge with at least 5 years (3 years for Associate Consultant Role) pensions/benefits experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or Life office
- Proven sales track record (preferred for Associate Consultant Role)
- Experience of developing new relationships
FPC with G60 qualified and authorised to give advice
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance
- Regular company social events
- Excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement