General description of the role
Appointed as the consultant for a number of established healthcare (and some risk) clients where you will handle all aspects of the relationship, you will also be supporting senior colleagues with key clients and projects. In addition, there is frequent opportunity for your involvement with new business cases investigating current benefit structures and working with senior colleagues to construct and present pitch proposals.
The role will involve regular client contact, as well as back office administration, and providing support to Consultants, Head of Department / Directors as required, ensuring that excellent customer service is provided. Full training will be given as needed, that builds on your existing healthcare knowledge gained in previous roles.
- Be excited by and have a genuine enthusiasm to work with senior colleagues to support them with new business development and pitches, which may include prospect / client meetings and presentations.
- Experienced in providing Risk & Healthcare advice, including strategic reviews, design and implementation of solutions.
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities from legislative and other structural changes in market place.
- Wide Healthcare industry knowledge with at least 4 years risk and healthcare experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or provider office.
- Full understanding of current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments
- Windows computer packages including Practice Engine, Intelliflo, Outlook, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Smart sheet experience a bonus.
- Analytical and numerical ability.
- Excellent planning and organising, time management skills.
- Sufficient credit for Diploma / Advanced Diploma (Dip CII) whether or not applied for or willing to work to towards Dip CII (if not already attained)Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Ambitious with a professional attitude and appearance.
- Displays, enthusiasm and conviction when communicating.
- Takes personal responsibility for maintaining own professional development.
- Confident and approachable.
- Client focused.
- Hard working – on occasion out of normal hours.
- A-Level standard or equivalent
- Listening skills
- People Skills
- Good understanding of current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments
- Listening skills
- People Skills
- Ability to work on own
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Assist Senior Consultants with business development / growth of the healthcare portfolio ensuring enquires and prospect investigations are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Assist in designing and implementing efficiencies within the portfolio of risk & healthcare clients and increasing its profitability.
- Responsible for consultancy advice (with supervision support, if needed).
- Able to handle all aspects of administration of healthcare portfolio of clients and to work with the administration team from a position of knowledge.
- Handle and resolve the day to day queries both relating to new and existing business, liaising between colleagues, providers and clients.
- Install and assist in setting up new arrangements.
- Write / draft comprehensive reports, detailing market review findings, recommendations and specification of cover for client presentation and client reviews.
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of policies including assisting clients with all relevant documents and regulations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and providers to safeguard high client satisfaction levels.
- Create and maintain client files electronically.
- Assist Senior Consultants / Consultants to manage portfolio, so overall client goals are met in accordance with specified objectives and constraints.
- Conduct reviews according to renewal schedule / new business process for all assigned clients /prospects.
- Participate in project work as required.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and providers to safeguard high client’s satisfaction levels.
- Attend client meetings (joint, if required) and undertake client / employee presentations (as appropriate).
- Liaise with insurers and assist with gathering market intelligence and product information
- Act as contact point for colleagues in the Company.
- Take own responsibility to adhere to the Company’s published rules and guidelines for GDPR and IDD as well as other financial services legislative requirements and the Company’s SLA’s.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Group personal pension plan
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Regular company social events
- Excellent company culture and a fantastic approach to employee wellbeing and engagement